Making sustainable choices in fashion is about choosing a better life and feeling great about what you wear every single day. We all want to wear outfits that fit great, look great and make us feel comfortable. Sustainable fabrics allow us to experience all of that free of any guilt of harming the planet!
Tencel is a popular and newly innovated eco-friendly fabric made from cellulose in wood pulp sourced from sustainably sourced raw material wood. Here are ten things to love about it!
- The fabric is naturally breathable, lightweight and comfortable making it a great choice for everyday wear!
- The fabric is extremely strong and durable. Clothes made from Tencel will stay with you for a long long time.
- Tencel is resistant to wrinkles, making it a great choice for packing for holidays or wearing everyday for work.
- Resistant to shrinking, it is easy to maintain and wash.
- It is hypoallergenic and antibacterial, great for those with sensitive skin woes!
- The fabric has moisture management qualities, making it a boon for long hot and humid summer days.
- The pulp used to make the fabric is harvested from tree farms which are otherwise unsuitable for food crops or grazing. This reduces the burden on farm lands.
- Compared to other man made fabrics Tencel uses substantially less water and energy
- Tencel is completely biodegradable which means lesser accumulation of fashion waste in the environment.
- It is super versatile and the Tencel fibre can be combined with different textile fibres to create fun textures.